- 9-10pm Wednesday, Goodson Chapel, Divinity School
- Anytime by appointment. Contact Fr. Michael Martin to schedule an appointment.
- Communal Reconciliation Services are scheduled during Advent and Lent.
- Marriage. Couples are required to spend at least six months preparing for marriage. When you become engaged, please contact Father Michael Martin right away to begin the process. We celebrate Marriage in Duke Chapel, or can assist you with preparing for marriage at your home parish or elsewhere.tthew Belford and Colleen Ann Hanlon with Father Joe Vetter
- Baptism. People interested in learning more about the Catholic faith and perhaps joining the Church are invited to participate in the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults. The first step is a conversation with Father Michael Martin or Catherine Preston. Members of the Duke Catholic community who wish to have their children Baptized here should make arrangements with Father Michael Martin.
- Confirmation. “I will give you a new heart and place a new Spirit within you…” Ezekiel 36:26
The Sacrament of Confirmation is part of the initiation process into the Catholiccommunity. Through the Sacrament, you are more perfectly bound to the Church and are enriched with a special strength of the Holy Spirit. Although you may have been baptized Catholic years ago, Duke’s Confirmation Program provides the opportunity for you to complete your initiation by preparing for and celebrating fully the Sacrament of Confirmation. Anointed with oil and sealed with the Holy Spirit, you are strengthened to meet the challenges of the world and bring the love, hope and peace of Jesus Christ to those in need.
Confirmation is for you if …
- you have been baptized into the Catholic faith and have already received the Sacrament of Holy Eucharist (or First Communion).
- You desire to complete the initiation process into the Catholic community and to strengthen and deepen your faith.
- You seek to put faith into action by being a Christian witness to others.
The Duke Catholic Center Confirmation Program begins each spring, with candidates and sponsors meeting each week. Confirmation is celebrated each spring at Sacred Heart Cathedral in Raleigh. Contact Peter Arcidiacono, our Confirmation Coordinator.