Prayer & Devotion
- Eucharistic Adoration – Students are invited to spend time in private prayer before the Blessed Sacrament in Goodson Chapel at the Divinity School every Wednesday from 8-9pm.
- Liturgy of the Hours – The Liturgy of the Hours (Divine Office) is the official prayer of the Church to be prayed throughout the day. To pray morning or evening prayer with others, contact Emily Mattoon.
- Rosary – There are numerous opportunities to pray the rosary with others in the Duke Catholic community. For more information on the rosary or to get connected with others who pray the rosary, contact Emily Mattoon.
- Divine Mercy Chaplet – Everyone’s heard the adage about those who sing pray twice. The Divine Mercy Chaplets, a series of sung prayers led by either one cantor or a number of people within the group, uses the Rosary as a guide, with a series of decades and opportunities for specific prayers or intentions. Contact Student Director Emily Mattoon.
- Prayer Circles – Prayer Circles are groups of people who make a commitment to spend time in prayer for each person in their group every day. The purpose of the prayer circle is to foster a deeper understanding of prayer and a deeper relationship with God by being prayed for and by praying for other people. Groups tend to have about five people in them and there is not much direction aside from vigilance in prayer.